The Glen Ellyn Historical Society Mission: Researching, preserving and presenting the history of Glen Ellyn…for today and for generations to come.
The Glen Ellyn Historical Society has been serving the greater Glen Ellyn area since 1969, when it was formed at the request of the Village of Glen Ellyn to restore Stacy’s Tavern (a stagecoach inn from the 1840s) and operate it as a museum celebrating the Village’s early history. The role of the Society has expanded considerably over the years and now includes the Glen Ellyn Center for Historical Research, the Glen Ellyn History Center (for temporary exhibits, meetings and educational programs), Stacy’s Corners Store, and Ward Plaza, which provides an attractive gateway to Glen Ellyn from the north. All of the Society’s facilities are located at Historic Stacy’s Corners, the birthplace of Glen Ellyn, where North Main Street intersects St. Charles and Geneva Roads.
Stacy’s Tavern Museum, which is near the History Center at 557 Geneva Road, is open for tours on Wednesday and Saturday afternoons April through December from 1:30 to 4:30 p.m. and by appointment. Group tours are scheduled year round by appointment. Admission is $5/adults and $2.50/students.
Stacy’s Corners Store and the Stacy’s Tavern Museum are both closed on the following Holidays:
- Memorial Day Weekend (Sat.-Mon.)
- July 4th
- Labor Day Weekend (Sat.-Mon.)
- Thanksgiving Day (and the day before Thanksgiving)
- Christmas Day
- New Year’s Day
The Society’s phone number is 630–469-1867 x101. Email should be addressed to: email@example.com The Society’s mailing address is P.O. Box 283, Glen Ellyn, IL 60138.